Half Ounce American Gold Eagle
With an iconic design and 1/2 oz of Gold, the American Gold Eagle combines the best aspects of collectability and bullion investment appeal, which has made it America’s preferred Gold coin.
- Contains 1/2 oz actual Gold weight.
- Multiples of 40 are packaged in mint tubes. All other coins will be in protective packaging.
- Eligible for Precious Metals IRAs.
- Obverse: Adapted from Augustus Saint-Gaudens’ famed Gold Double Eagle design, which features Lady Liberty in front of the Capitol building holding in her right hand a fiery torch and an olive branch in her left. Her hair is flowing back behind her in the wind signifying forward movement against a background of sun rays.
- The Type 1 reverse, used from 1986-2021, shows a male bald eagle in flight carrying an olive branch to his nest, where a female awaits with her young. The Type 2 reverse, introduced in 2021, shows a bold close-up portrait of an eagle.
- Produced by the U.S. Mint in West Point, NY.
Protect your Gold American Eagle with this clear plastic capsule
The 1/2 oz Brilliant Uncirculated Gold Eagle is always in high demand because fractional Gold Eagles make for an easy way to own the beautiful Gold American Eagle design at a lower price point than their full ounce counterparts. Add this beautiful coin to your cart today.
Coins may or may not vary in date and type according to available inventory. To purchase specific dates for your collection, browse our full selection of 1/2 oz American Gold Eagles.
Composition is 91.67% gold, 3% silver, balance copper with a reeded edge.
- The one-half ounce coin, $25 face value, is 1.063 inches (27.00 mm) in diameter, contains 0.5000 gold troy ounce and weighs 0.5455 troy ounce (16.966 g).