The first bullion Silver Krugerrand was released in 2018, the year following the anniversary premium bullion coin. This classic coin is now popular with investors and collectors alike.
- Contains 1 oz of .999 fine Silver.
- Coins will be in protective packaging or in capsules.
- Obverse: Likeness of Paul Kruger, South Africa?s first and only president, along with ?South Africa? in Afrikaans and English.
- Reverse: A Springbok antelope, the national animal of South Africa, along with the year of minting, face value and Silver weight.
- Guaranteed by the?South African Mint.
Add this South Africa 1 oz Silver Krugerrand coin to your cart today!
Silver Krugerrand Series
First introduced in 2017 as a premium BU coin to commemorate the 50th Anniversary of the Gold Krugerrand, the Silver Krugerrand is now offered as a Brilliant Uncirculated coin and has become popular with investors and collectors alike. The Silver Krugerrand has the same design as the Gold Krugerrand but does have a face value unlike the Gold. The design is the same as it was when the coin was introduced in 1967. It features the South African Republic’s first president, Paul Kruger. On the reverse, a springbok, which is the national animal, and the date of minting appear. The springbok seems to be jumping into action, while President Kruger is a reminder of 19th century South African political and military affairs.
South African Mint
To commemorate the Golden Jubilee celebrations, the?South African Mint?added the Silver bullion coin to its portfolio. In preparation of the Jubilee, designers at the South African Mint undertook an intensive re-examination of the Krugerrand and discovered some of the artistic detail of the original design had been lost. The detail was put back by the mint, using modern technology to enhance the beauty of the Krugerrand.