Sales Tax Law:
Texas does not charge sales tax on precious metals purchases of any amount.
NPMEX is required to collect tax on some items shipping to Texas, however sales tax will not be charged for Gold or Silver coins, bars or rounds as well as Platinum bars or rounds as they are exempt from sales tax when shipping to a Texas address.
The State of Texas requires the collection of taxes on certain products sold by NPMEX and delivered to a Texas address. These taxes must be collected on (1) copper and palladium bullion products; (2) copper, palladium, and platinum coin products; (3) accessory items; and (4) processed items. All other products sold by NPMEX are exempt from these taxes.
The following definitions apply to products on which taxes must be collected in Texas:
- Bullion: Precious metal that is valued solely upon its precious metal content, whether in coin or bar form.
- Coin: A small, flat, round piece of metal which is, or has been used as legal tender, with a number showing its value and often a decorative picture.
- Accessory Items: Items such as holders, tubes or coin flips.
- Processed Items: Precious Metals that have been processed by third parties into items valued on more than their Precious Metal content, such as jewelry, statues or colorized coins.
Sales taxes in Texas are calculated at checkout on the NPMEX website based on
(1) the taxability of products sold by NPMEX in Texas set forth above, and
(2) the specific tax rates established by the taxing jurisdiction of the delivery address in Texas.
Capital Gains Tax:
Texas does not impose a state income tax on its citizens, so there is no taxation on capital gains on precious metals.
Please Note: The above is not a comprehensive description of sales tax laws and requirements in the state of Texas. it is only intended to provide the reader with a brief overview of those sales tax laws and requirements currently in effect in the state of Texas that relate to the reader’s transactions with NPMEX. if you would like to research the sales tax laws and requirements in the state of Texas, we suggest you visit the Texas department of revenue located at https://comptroller.texas.gov/taxes/.
Buying Gold and Silver in Texas
Buying precious metals from online dealer NPMEX has some major advantages. Though NPMEX is physically located in Erie Colorado, we ship all over the United States, every day.
NPMEX offers a huge selection of coin and bullion products for Texas residents to choose from. Buyers can shop by metal type or by form such as coin, round or bar. In addition to potential cost savings, shopping online at NPMEX is convenient and can be done from the comfort of your own home or office. Simply pick the coin or bullion products you want to buy, complete the simple checkout process, and your metals will be quickly shipped to your home or other destination of choice. Your
precious metals purchases are fully insured and tracked while in transit.
Benefits to buying gold & silver online at NPMEX.COM:
- Gold and silver shipped directly to your door
- Lower prices than most physical coin stores
- Wide selection
- 24/7 online ordering 365 days a year
- Friendly & knowledgeable customer service
Because online precious metals dealer NPMEX may have lower overhead than brick and mortar coin shops, we are be able to pass savings on to our customers. NPMEX offers some of the lowest prices available for precious metals.
NPMEX is proud to serve the residents of Texas, and offers a great value and buying experience.